Laptop resets to factory when restart or shutdown

That is correct but it could trigger the problem..

It's a bizzare problem because even if he reformats I can only see the problem happening again.

Check the memory out to.

I'm confused about what you mean it reset the time? To what? Check the time zone settings.

Where did he get this laptop? Where is he trying to save stuff to? Do programs get uninstalled as well?

Turn off system restore. There are viruses that force system restores when they are turned back on. Run malwarebytes and a virus scanner.

your time is running from the cmos, which then runs onto the memory and the memory stores it, if your laptop shuts off, like instant, the time will reset because the memory must maintain a stability between one another.

this is really strange problem tho, and I still think it could be the cmos. NOT THE BIOS btw, lol, some people get these two wrong for one another.

ohkay restating the problem once more in better details

HP Pavilion laptop, dont know the model number, from best buy

Windows 7

As I try to log in to the admin account, it says welcome after entering password, but it takes so long to load to the desktop, as it was loading, it then changes to "preparing your windows/desktop(forgot which)." So there on after, it just basically logs me on to a temporary account where on the bottom right, a bubble text came up and says that this is a temporary profile, you cannot save any files...etc. I restarted the laptop and see if it will happen again, which did. So this is where the time resets because it is basically a new profile where i cant really do anything on. I can do stuff like surf the web and move this and that, but will not save the changes. I went through the web looking for a solution, I saw microsoft that has a solution, I did it tried it so many times, it didnt work at all... idk what to do next... I know that I can just create a new profile and copy all the stuff into the new profile, but im sure there is a corrupt file or a virus of some sort in that account profile, So im just trying to get into that main profile account to find the file and terminate it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom