2 displays using hdmi

cdawg

In Runtime
Hi I have a desktop pc that I wanna add an additional monitor too I only have 1 hdmi port is there a way I can hook up both monitors so that I can have my main desktop on one and the other one I can use for say maps or watching videos

You'd be looking at getting something like this
images

You'd be looking at getting something like this
images

I don't think this will extend the screen, I think this only clones it.

Worth a shot no doubt, but I think if you need to extend you'll need a two way dvi's on your g'card, I have 2 dvi connections and I extend my monitor to.

I don't think this will extend the screen, I think this only clones it.

Worth a shot no doubt, but I think if you need to extend you'll need a two way dvi's on your g'card, I have 2 dvi connections and I extend my monitor to.

Or unless you graphics card has VGA, DVI and HDMI you could try that.

check these out:

jj2.jpg

DVI_To_HDMI_Gold__05599_zoom.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

i personally would have gotten the first one. (the HDMI to DVI cable)

Unrelated to his ^, I have a asus m5a88-m mother board. I understand that the graphics card is built in and I cannot use it in conjunction with another graphics card to support more than two monitors.
1. How do I find out how many graphics cards it can support?
2. What type should i get (this is not for gaming I just need at least 3 monitors)?

I'm currently using dual screens. My video card has 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI port. I got my main screen plugged into the DVI and my 32" TV plugged into the HDMI.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Unrelated to his ^, I have a asus m5a88-m mother board. I understand that the graphics card is built in and I cannot use it in conjunction with another graphics card to support more than two monitors.
1. How do I find out how many graphics cards it can support?
2. What type should i get (this is not for gaming I just need at least 3 monitors)?
You should make your own thread but I'll answer anyway :)

This is your motherboard: ASUS - M5A88-M

You have 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16. So take your your pick of cards.

I'm currently using dual screens. My video card has 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI port. I got my main screen plugged into the DVI and my 32" TV plugged into the HDMI.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

You should make your own thread but I'll answer anyway :)

This is your motherboard: ASUS - M5A88-M

You have 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16. So take your your pick of cards.

If I am unable to use my current video card in conjunction with the one I pick from that link, I will still only be able to run two monitors.

Back
Top Bottom