Laptop resets to factory when restart or shutdown

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey guys!

In need of big help!..:eek: I have never seen this happen before :confused:. So my brothers laptop, its an HP, dont know what model it is, but every time he either restarts or shutdown the laptop, all the things that he has saved on his laptop is lost. Is there a way to retrieve all the memory back or any way to fix it so it wont happen again after restarting or shutting down? He said it has happened for the past day and a half where he just restarts or shut down everything is lost.

Please help!!!

Thanks

There is software that does just that. Unless he or some one with access to his laptop installed it, the only other thing that comes to mind is a virus/rootkit.
Run a good anti virus/rootkit scanner and see what it picks up on.

what sucks is that it wont let me log on to the admin account, it brings me to a temporary default account, but says i am logged into the admin account... =\

Try entering safe mode.

Yeah, I have tried Safe Mode, but it still brings me to the temporary account when i try to log into the admin account.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Stupid question to you but does the datatime reset to?

Yeah for some reason the time has reset, but the date stayed the same tho

OK so let me get this straight.
The time resets and whatever data he saves on the hard drive is gone when he reboots. Is that right?

OK so let me get this straight.
The time resets and whatever data he saves on the hard drive is gone when he reboots. Is that right?

Yezzir! That is correct, and it just logs me into a temporary account as i try to log onto the admin account.

I went online and to look up a resolution, support.microsoft. It tells me to go in to the cdrive to users to WindowsNT and profilelist to delete this and stuff, which i did. But still does not work.

Back
Top Bottom