Windows will no longer install.

That's the thing! I'm TRYING TO RELOAD but CAN'T! lol I even tried unplugging ALL of the hard drives and it still does the same thing.

Here's the video: WTF - YouTube

It's uploading now. It should be live by 11:30AM PST.

That's kinda what I was thinking since the Ubuntu live disk didn't work and that doesn't even touch the HDDs. I am going to go shove some other RAM in it in a few and I will let you all know!

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

The vid is live if you guys wanna check it out.

Also, remove the CPu heatsink and clean all thermal paste from the mating surfaces and reapply new thermal paste.

The CPU might be overheating and throttling itself.

Swapped out the G.Skill RAM for a stick of Corsair Vengeance RAM, no difference.

Updated the BIOS, no difference.

I HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY doubt the CPU is throttling itself...

Anyone have any other ideas? I've literally tried everything I can think of and then some.

I HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY doubt the CPU is throttling itself...

why do you say that? Check the temperature in the BIOS and see if it is normal.

At this point, there could be two things left causing your woes, the CPU or the motherboard.

The temp is normal. I'm leaning toward the MoBo...which SUCKS! This is my second one in this machine!

I just noticed something, too. I let the install disk go and, even though the 2 60GB SSDs are set to RAID0, the Windows installer sees them individually. 0.o

Well...it took FOREVER but I got Windows to install. Literally took all day. The thing is CRAZY slow to boot but runs ok-ish over all. I don't know what the deal is with this thing. Only thing I can think of is that the MoBo is dying so I might just say screw it and get an Asus Maximus iv and call it a day.

As the icing on the cake, come to find out, I mistakenly did the diskpart clean command on my TB drive while I was working on it before. And that sucks. Since it was...you know...the drive with my system image and over 800 gigs of data on it. So...yea...fml...

The thing is CRAZY slow to boot but runs ok-ish over all. I don't know what the deal is with this thing. Only thing I can think of is that the MoBo is dying so I might just say screw it and get an Asus Maximus iv and call it a day.

Crazy slow to boot -Flash bios

But then I watched the vid, not so sure if that even would fix it.

Worth a shot?

Back
Top Bottom