Processor advice

Elmo1

Baseband Member
My little home/office pc has got an MSI G41-P28 MB with a intel dual core E5400 processor.

Checked the msi site and looked on the support list for the processors (there`s alot)

If i wanted to give my pc a bit more umphh !!! which processor would u recommend............ if any !!! lets say i got a budget of £30/40.

I had a quick look on ebay for a few different ones

Just a thought it may not be worth it ,oh btw i have got the max ram installed
Cheers Elmo:dance:

yeh i had a look on the msi site

one other question what other issues will i have to deal with if i install a new processor

Cheers elmo

You might, maybe, have to update the bios. But be sure you really need to do that BEFORE you turn your toy in to an expensive door prop.
And you might, maybe, get a squawk out of the OS. That is considered to be a major hardware change. MS doesn't like that. If you get a message that tells you to call support, just tell them everything else is the same, you crisped the cpu and had to change it out. That should pacify them.

Swapping the CPU shouldn't be a problem with the OS but do check your BIOS version to support the CPU you want.

Above

Anyway, I did the same as you, I bought an office computer to use at work, 2years down the line I rebuilt a new computer for the office and took the old one home, went onto ebay, found a new cpu, and a new gpu and memory, all of which cost £70, my pc went rapid, turned into a right little gaming beast, it's amazing what stuff you can buy on ebay for the price and how much it effects your system.

Hope you find a good cpu and everything goes well, I'm sure it will.

Back
Top Bottom