Compatibility, ending stages of build hopefully!

CBJ023

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm nearing the final stages for my build and I'm pretty set on what I want. I'll have the specs below. My questions are:
1. Is 600W enough or too much? Will a 500 or 550 work?
2. Are all the pats compatible, and will everything fit inside the case?
3. Should I cahnge to an intel i3 3220 instead of the Phenom II x4 965?
4. Are there any changes you'd make to the build to improve it? (Without adding over $40 to the total) or to lower teh price but not performance?
(All prices including tax .0675%)
Phenom II x4 965 $91
XFX 7850 2GB $180 (-$20 rebate)
WD 500GB Black 7,200RPM HDD $70
Corsair 600W PSU $71
CoolerMaster Elite 430 mid case $54
Win 7 $97
MSI AMD 990XA MB $115Lite on DVD +/-RW drive $19
ASUS VE228H 1.5in monitor $144
Anker gaming mouse $43
Sharkoon Skiller keyboard $32
Logitech G27 racing wheel $250

Alot I know but thanks to all who reply, if you need the links I can post them

You're giving 250 for a steering wheel and scrimping on the rest? I don't get that logic at all.
BTW Where did you find win 7 for under a 100 dollars?

Buy the most case and PSU that your budget allows. Those are components that could stick with you for more than one build and will burn you if you skimp on quality,

One case got really good reviews for the price, people said it was good for upgrading, I found Win 7 on amazon: Amazon.com: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack: Software

Im paying $250 for the wheels pedals and shifters because I love racing and theres nothing cheaper, this set up is the most I can afford and will do everything I want, the Monitor is cheap but great except for the audio. I wanted a $350 wheel but dropped because it would take an extra month or two to get it. Currently I'll need to spend about 4-5 months to save up for this build

I don't see the RAM either.

It looks like the motherboard is an MSI 990XA which provides a nice upgrade path to current AMD processors.

Ah ok, I see it now. Didn't notice that the MoBo and DVD drive were on the same line.

Back
Top Bottom