Locked out of my wifi

DebbiCol

Beta member
Hi all I m Debbie and have just joined the forum

Please help. I have a works computer which is security protected. I was working from home today and phoned our IT dept to help me join my home wi fi network. He logged on remotely but it froze at his end. I carried on and joined the wi fi network from my end. All worked well until I finished work and wanted to log onto the system with my personal computer and ipad. The network is showing up but it will not let me join it with anything else except my work computer. Luckily I have another router upstairs which is working ok. I m mystified. Do you think it's possible that they have triggered a security that has stopped me using my own equipment. Sounds bizarre but I can t think of a any other explanation. I can call them tomorrow to see what they say but is there anything that I can do to resolve things this end as it's driving me nuts. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi legodude
That's fixed it. I had unplugged at the wall thinking that was the same as reset but apparently. Thank u very much for your help. U r a star :)

Hi all. Lego dude very kindly helped me by suggesting that I reset the router. This worked temporarily but although it shows up as connected to the network it won't let me connect to any sites. Only half of the lights at the front are lit up tried changing the router thinking the TPLink might be faulty but new ones just the same. I have my upstairs router which works but the downstairs one being off is a real pain as it's where I work from
Anyone got any ideas please.

There were probably settings in the router from your ISP that allow it to communicate with your modem. Give them a call and tell them you reset the router and now can't get online.

Or since you have 2 routers ten maybe one was just setup as an access point. Whoever set that up should be able tiger this sorted out for you.

Thanks that's helpful. I m not sure if its an access point or not. It comes from a second wire attached to the broadband satellite dish so I m guessing its an access point. Anyway I ll contact the guy that fitted it for me and Tooway. See what works.
Thanks again
Debbie

Back
Top Bottom