Random Chit Chat

I really haven't kept up with technology like I used to (since I'm a car guy) but, has anyone seen Nvidia's GTX-Titan? The thing retails for over a grand from EVGA!

I can't see spending that much just to play games. If I was doing some heavy video editing or 3D graphics for money I'd think about it.

I just did mine a couple days ago. They're already screwed up though. I use my hands too much.

Does anyone know how to get the vertical flip option on a vizio TV? I've found it on a samsung before in the service menu, but I can't seem to find a proper service menu for this tv.

Manual stuff like work is not good for your nails ... like Gardening ... told daddy (don't do manual work n cant use a spade in heels :D)

I've spent the last two weeks working on my bike. I wanted a different look for it, so I decided to pick up some paint and give it a shot. Also, the flat black was terrible at protecting the tank from gas I always tend to spill.

Before:
y5asa2at.jpg

After:
hy8usyva.jpg

Still more to be done. I'm having issues in one little spot on the other side plastic with alligator cracking. The flat black was an enamol, and that might be giving me trouble.
I just used a duplicolor Victory Red paint. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on spraying everything with spraymax 2k in about 3-4 weeks to give it good protection. I also recovered the seat with some marine vinyl while I was working on the bike. That turned out pretty well. I'm not too happy with the quality of the vinyl though, seems too thin to last more than a few years. It was easy to do though.

asu4uty3.jpg

The orange peel should polish out just fine with a few more coats of spraymax 2k.

This picture shows the alligator cracking problem I had. It was much worse on this piece, but it sanded out.
y3asyreb.jpg

I currently have the handlebars and a few more little pieces in the basement ready for some flat black paint.

I'm in the same boat as Grantofhell, haven't kept up with technology much recently, my bike, cars, and snowmobile keep me busy enough. And sometimes I get to drive them too...

Back
Top Bottom