SSD Setup

blando233

In Runtime
Hey guys!
I am going to be setting up my SSD in my new pc. I was wondering what is the correct way to do this? I want the OS to be on the SSD only and then my HHD for everything else. Can someone tell me the steps or maybe there is a link some where that has some good steps.

Thanks guys :D

Assuming you are doing a fresh OS install. The best thing to do is unplug all of your harddrives leaving only your SSD and DVD drive plugged in. Install on SSD and then plug your harddrives back in for storage.

this will be a new build. So only have SSD pluged in install the OS then install the other HHD?

So installed SSD and i installed os to SSD and now i hooked up the HHD it is not showing up under my computer. What do i need to do to get that drive to come up and also have just the OS running on SSD?

Check the connections first. A loose wire is easy to miss. Touch the dive and see if it has a slight vibration to it. That'll tell you if it's spun up.
Check the bios to make sure the SATA port is enabled.
If no joy put it in another system and see if it works. If dead return it for a swap out.

The bios sees the drive even when i am logged in and go to manage it is listed there it is just not listing in my computer. How do you change it to slave?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

never put a hdd that is SATA into slave how would you do that also? I heard go into control panel and format

if i click on the disk i can select on New Simple Volume which brings up a wizard or i can select convert to dynamic disk or convert to GPT disk. I dont think it was any of thos two because the SSD is set to MBR.

i think i got it. i selected create new volume and selected the drive and NTFS and now it shows on my computer. Now when i install stuff will they go onto my SSD still?

Back
Top Bottom