Irql_no_more_equal

justykumbusty

Baseband Member
Hello I had a quick question- I received error twice with irql_no_more_less all I did was unplug fan to mobo and put it on power supply- is there a fix?

Last edited:
It was off but it was not unplugged dont worry I didn't hurt anything ha

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Is that ok?

Let me understand. You got a bluescreen error that says "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL"?

I've unplugged fans from the motherboard while the system is running with no ill effects.

I have too but with modern 4 pin fans one of the leads is a PWM signal. The system adjusts the set speed by measuring the rpms on one lead and then sending the PWM signal on another lead to speed up or slow down the fan.
It's like it's thinking, well that was there a second ago. Normally you'd get a no fan alert. But maybe you bumped an already loose device giving that error.
Go back in your baby and make sure the retainer screws are snug on the vid and other PCI cards. Check the ram to make sure the catches are engaged.
Lots of little things come back to nip ya on the booty.

Last edited:
Aha! Fixed it earlier I reset bios to default and it worked like a charm- is there anything elce I should worry about if it doesn't show up? Anything loose I doubt but should I check if it doesn't show up?

Back
Top Bottom