Random Chit Chat

Intel or AMD?

Either one really. I was thinking the old willamette P4s would be a good choice since they're readily available and have a relatively large die size. I want to coat the dies in some sort of clear resin and make CPU earrings (yes, I'm a nerd, lol.)

I was also thinking about using intel atoms package and all, but I'd rather just the die if possible.

You're wanting to get the bakelite off so you can see the actual circuit? The two halfs are bonded in such a fashion you have to cut them off. Nib off the edges working you way in.

Either one really. I was thinking the old willamette P4s would be a good choice since they're readily available and have a relatively large die size. I want to coat the dies in some sort of clear resin and make CPU earrings (yes, I'm a nerd, lol.)

I was also thinking about using intel atoms package and all, but I'd rather just the die if possible.

Like these
cpu-earrings-at244-by-nadya-peek.jpg

You're wanting to get the bakelite off so you can see the actual circuit? The two halfs are bonded in such a fashion you have to cut them off. Nib off the edges working you way in.

Hm, guess I'll have to try that on one I already have and see how it works. I was hoping for some sort of chemical process to remove the adhesive so it could just be heatgunned off. I'm going to try putting a torch to one for a while as well. Someone on another forum was saying that sometimes works.

Like these
cpu-earrings-at244-by-nadya-peek.jpg

lol, hell no. That just looks uncomfortable. I want just the chip, not the entire package. Or at least a smaller package like an atom.

edit: like this.

Cell-Processor.jpg

Last edited:
Hm, guess I'll have to try that on one I already have and see how it works. I was hoping for some sort of chemical process to remove the adhesive so it could just be heatgunned off. I'm going to try putting a torch to one for a while as well. Someone on another forum was saying that sometimes works.

lol, hell no. That just looks uncomfortable. I want just the chip, not the entire package. Or at least a smaller package like an atom.

Ahh ok then..

Back
Top Bottom