High pitch noise from Fujitsu Lifebook E782

go to command prompt and enter the following command,

wmic bios get /format:list

then press enter if you are using vista or 7 then you need to run command prompt as administrator scroll to the bottom of the page and it will tell you the verson.

also worth checking the sound drivers in device manager to see if there are any warnings when you say high pitched do you mean system beeps or do you mean like an alarm code of some sorts?

I would reccomend you also do a test on your sound card as well.

Kind Regards

try dissabaling the sound drivers to see if the sound is coming from the speakers.

I had a laptop that made a very high pitched sound and it only did it when i was running from the battery.

See if it makes any difference if you plug the ac adapter in on its own without the battery.

Also try plugging in an external monitor and sending the display to that and therefore dissabling any display on the monitor.

This will tell you if it could be coming from the CCFL tube in the display or the inverter.

Sorry. It has been a while since I have updated about the situation in here.
I got a new computer (the same Fujitsu Lifebook E782) after having changed the motherboard, harddrive, processor etc.
However, the problem is still present in this new computer as well, and I am now getting desperate. I still can't seem to get the hang of how to upgrade the BIOS. I have tried to search it on the net, but can't really find anything.

Well, now I have upgraded the BIOS on the computer (Windows version. Not the one that said Admin Pack) and it still hasn't solved the problem... :-(
Does anybody have any kind of idea what the hell this is..??

At best guess I would say speakers. Though if you have bought a brand new one of the same model and it has the same problem, I would look at a different laptop.

One other thing you can do is listen for the noise and narrow down where on the laptop it is coming from. That might aid a solution.

Mossiac

Last edited:
Thanks Mossiac

I had the computer technician to locate the sound (after he had opned up the laptop), and even he could not figure out where it came from.
It is not the speakers, however, since they have been checked.
A new laptop might be on the cards..?

Is it the same power pack on both laptops? Could be under or over driving the board. Need to check that under a load. No load readings are pointless.

Back
Top Bottom