Photo competition: Silhouettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

foothead

Omnicide now.
Since nobody else has made a thread, I guess it's up to me. This week's competition is silhouettes. Submit your entries in this thread. Submission will be open for one week, then will move onto voting. Voting will take into account not just the quality of the photo, but also how well it follows the theme. No overuse of photoshop (slight adjustments are fine, just don't go removing things or turning it into a completely different photo.) If more than one photo is entered, the last one posted will be the one used.

Here is my entry. I may change this later.

P2208544.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not even gonna try after looking at that. You are an amazing photographer foothead.

I'm not even gonna try after looking at that. You are an amazing photographer foothead.

Haha, glad you like it. You should still enter though. Can't get any better if you don't try.

Is that Lake Pontchartrain or lake Charles? Or some place in the bayou?

Lake Martin, near Breaux Bridge. I like to go out there and hike around the lake. Good place to see alligators. The trail turns into a horrible gravel road toward the end though. Otherwise, it's a nice hike. Just bring bug repellant.

Last edited:
Ya I know. If I get a chance to get out I will, but I don't have much time so if I don't have a pic of it already I probably won't get one. This will probably be one I don't get. We'll see what the weekend brings though.

Since nobody else has made a thread, I guess it's up to me. This week's competition is silhouettes. Submit your entries in this thread. Submission will be open for one week, then will move onto voting. Voting will take into account not just the quality of the photo, but also how well it follows the theme. No overuse of photoshop (slight adjustments are fine, just don't go removing things or turning it into a completely different photo.) If more than one photo is entered, the last one posted will be the one used.

Here is my entry. I may change this later.

P2208544.jpg

Love it ! .... spooky :D

Having just bought a new camera, I feel I should start to give these a shot... though likewise I very much doubt I can better what's there already!

EDIT: As it's been constantly cloudy here for about a month now, this task has proved a bit infeasible for now...

Last edited:
EDIT: As it's been constantly cloudy here for about a month now, this task has proved a bit infeasible for now...

Damn, that sucks. It was quite cloudy for the one I took, so it's definitely possible. Just takes a bit more creativity than, say, a normal sunset shot.

Since nobody else has entered, I guess the entry date can be extended another week. Root did that for the last one, so I assume it's okay.

Damn, that sucks. It was quite cloudy for the one I took, so it's definitely possible. Just takes a bit more creativity than, say, a normal sunset shot.

Nah, I've literally not seen the sun *at all* in weeks! Pretty much non stop drizzle and snow...

Since nobody else has entered, I guess the entry date can be extended another week. Root did that for the last one, so I assume it's okay.

Yeah, don't see the problem with that. If the weather takes a turn for the better I'll see what I can do, but the forecast doesn't look promising...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom