Topics of discussion

setishock

Wizard of Wires
How about making a list of things you would like to discuss here. You know with in the bounds of the policy here.
Just off the top of your head stuff. From the silly to the serious.

Re: Tpoics of discussion

Ok then make it a subject that is important to you.
Mine would be why are people so out of their skulls sometimes?

I manage a hotel which is really a 24/7 job. When I get to sleep past 6 hours I count my self lucky. Next morning I want to hand everyone their heads. Here's where the stress factor comes in. When your mind over rides your body's overwhelming urge to choke the living s**t of some one that deserves it.

That's when some low brow, knuckle dragger comes in with less sense than God gave an ice cube and wants to pretend he's Monty Hall of Let's make a deal fame. (My prices are carved in stone except for active duty service men and women.) They want to rent a room for a booty call and want to know my hourly rate. I tell them that's illegal and they have to pay a days rate. I quote them the cost and you'd swear you bitch slapped them. It's all I can do to keep from busting out laughing. The look on their face is worth the lost revenue. But some want to keep hammering me. After listening to their shuck and jive story I just give them my infamous go to hell look and they just stop talking. That whole ordeal just wasted 20 minutes.

But the ones that really make me want to pole vault over the counter and throw them out the door (with out bothering to open it) are the pimp daddy's that come in driving brand new cars, dripping gold jewelry and want you to rent them a room for 30 bucks. S**t folks I don't even break even on the room cost for that little. And they keep hammering you. Now these are not little skinny matchsticks. More like corn fed Iowa farm boys. They get to the door and want to play the race card. That's when the ball bat comes out and I tell them, I'm an equal opportunity asshole. I hate everybody.

Some days goes so smoothly while others go so badly. You hear your bed calling you but you have to shut it out in order to get all your paperwork done. Just for once I'd love to crawl in my nice comfy California super king bed and sleep 12 straight hours. Maybe more. But alas if I think of that for one second the next day is a cascading disaster.

I need a vacation...

Building on your 'out of their skulls' theory - how bad some people are at driving. I got cut off twice yesterday. Once by someone who was going probably 35 and "stopped" at a stop sign by slowing down to probably 30 for 2 seconds. Good thing I was paying attention because although it was close, I actually beat him to the intersection and if I hadn't slowed down because I saw the moron coming he would have t-boned me. Then I had a green light (not even yellow yet) and some moron decideds to make a 'right-on-red' turn. Prefectly legal, as long as there isn't another car literally 1 second from the intersection. Thankfully it was a 2 lane road and he turned into the inside lane (which is probably illegal) and I was able to speed right past him...of course I had to slow down and give him a look and a salute as well. This was about 15 seconds after the first guy. So then later in the day I'm sitting at a corner and a semi decideds to blow through the yellow light and make a right turn. Well in the process of trying to get through the yellow light he must have forgot to see if there were any cars because as he makes the right turn, he about slams into me. I have to take a second to see if there are any cars behind me and back up, and I quickly realize he's accelerating toward me faster than I'm backing up so he's getting closer and closer to smashing my grill. So then I finally get back far enough (and I'm pretty sure it's technically illegal to back up on a public right-of-way) and he has the nerve to give me a look, like you dummy, I'm a semi, get out of my way. By this point in the day I can't even be bothered to acknowledge him so I just straight look at him and make eye contact and then accelerate (admittedly faster than I should have) away.

This has quickly turned into a RANT thread so sorry about that....:hide:

I manage a hotel which is really a 24/7 job. When I get to sleep past 6 hours I count my self lucky. Next morning I want to hand everyone their heads. Here's where the stress factor comes in. When your mind over rides your body's overwhelming urge to choke the living s**t of some one that deserves it.

That's when some low brow, knuckle dragger comes in with less sense than God gave an ice cube and wants to pretend he's Monty Hall of Let's make a deal fame. (My prices are carved in stone except for active duty service men and women.) They want to rent a room for a booty call and want to know my hourly rate. I tell them that's illegal and they have to pay a days rate. I quote them the cost and you'd swear you bitch slapped them. It's all I can do to keep from busting out laughing. The look on their face is worth the lost revenue. But some want to keep hammering me. After listening to their shuck and jive story I just give them my infamous go to hell look and they just stop talking. That whole ordeal just wasted 20 minutes.

But the ones that really make me want to pole vault over the counter and throw them out the door (with out bothering to open it) are the pimp daddy's that come in driving brand new cars, dripping gold jewelry and want you to rent them a room for 30 bucks. S**t folks I don't even break even on the room cost for that little. And they keep hammering you. Now these are not little skinny matchsticks. More like corn fed Iowa farm boys. They get to the door and want to play the race card. That's when the ball bat comes out and I tell them, I'm an equal opportunity asshole. I hate everybody.

Some days goes so smoothly while others go so badly. You hear your bed calling you but you have to shut it out in order to get all your paperwork done. Just for once I'd love to crawl in my nice comfy California super king bed and sleep 12 straight hours. Maybe more. But alas if I think of that for one second the next day is a cascading disaster.

I need a vacation...

Don't talk about it DO IT!!! (vacation)

Take a break before you blow a gasket.

I know, I know. April 1 I'm putting in for a few days off.
But...
Surely you other members have a story you want to share.

Back
Top Bottom