What Is Public Transport Like Where You Live?

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask everyone what's the public transport like in your area where you live. For me it would have to be very annoying at the moment because the bus company Metro bus drivers are going on strikes 2-3 times a week because of they want 3% payrise and they have been offered decent rises but won't take it. It has really stuffed people around and everyone is quite annoyed.

Well, the bus system here used to be absolutely terrible. There weren't nearly enough routes and buses came every 75 minutes, so it'd take all day to get anywhere if you needed to make transfers. About a year ago they doubled the budget, so it's actually pretty usable now. Only problem is that this city so spread out, it still might take a lot of transfers to get to certain places. Also, my house is just outside the route area, so I have to walk a mile or so to get to the nearest bus stop. That's pretty annoying. We're planning on moving more toward the inside of the city though, so I won't have that problem anymore.

Strikes are meant to disrupt!!!
Other than a strike what is your transport like?

In Melbourne here transport is OK, the rail side is bit outdated/overcrowded but that happens in a city that has a growing population.

PS: I avoid using public transport.

Strikes are meant to disrupt!!!
Other than a strike what is your transport like?

In Melbourne here transport is OK, the rail side is bit outdated/overcrowded but that happens in a city that has a growing population.

PS: I avoid using public transport.

Yes public transport isn't bad in Tasmania, Its mainly buses we have. The drivers who nice depending on who you get.

I love riding the trams in Melbourne, They are awesome, I hope to move over there when I am older, I love the mainland :D

Portland, Orygun has a good bus system. The city has spent hundreds of millions on a light rail system that runs empty 90% of the time. Most people avoid except at rush hour because of all the muggings, murders and general crime. The last light rail expansion was voted down so they built anyway. The city fathers think having a rail system makes them a "real" city, nope, just a overgrown cow town.

Portland, Orygun has a good bus system. The city has spent hundreds of millions on a light rail system that runs empty 90% of the time. Most people avoid except at rush hour because of all the muggings, murders and general crime. The last light rail expansion was voted down so they built anyway. The city fathers think having a rail system makes them a "real" city, nope, just a overgrown cow town.

In our state the government has started a program to deter crime on our train system....Armed protective service officers on trains & every station....
Won't stop all crime but puts confidence back in for the public transport system.

We have no public transport system. No trains/subways/busses/taxis/nothing. In the 'big' city near us (about 15 minutes away really), they have a bus system, but I have no idea how good it is.

Back
Top Bottom