New Gaming Rig

I am going to be using my cousin (who currently builds computers and does tech support for a living) for the final build process and a look see lf the parts list. But thanks for the help so far. Im going to be in London in a few hours so I may not be able to talk for a while. Ill be back asap

Im deciding to get good quality stuff, but not amazing. Like 8-9 on a 0-14 scale. Im doing this because if I get a epic computer with all amazing internals, they will be obsolete in a year or two, and I need this to last me 8 years. So Im getting stuff that can hold its own, while being able to constantly upgrade and improve. So far heres my list
Power Source: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply - Newegg.com
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G Solid State Drive - Newegg.com
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Newegg.com
HD: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K - Newegg.com
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Steel structure with black brushed aluminum faceplate ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
Heatsync: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com
Anti-Static Wrist Band: BELKIN F8E093 Network/ PC Service Tools - Newegg.com
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G - OEM - Newegg.com
Zip-Ties: Seismic Audio - SAPT144 - Zip Ties - 8 Inches (Pack of 50) - Newegg.com
200mm Fan (x2): AeroCool Silent Master 200mm Red LED Case Fan - Newegg.com
120mm Fan: Rosewill RFA-120-RL Case Fan - Newegg.com

Need: Nvidia Graphics Card, Blu-Ray CD Player
If you have any suggestions or know of any compatibility issues, please PM me.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I am looking to do a new gaming rig for my upcoming years in boarding school, and eventually college. I currently have a Alienware M14x but I want to try and build a new computer. I want a desktop (since I already have a laptop) that I can use in boarding school and college dorms. I want something that can run most games on ultra graphics and something that will have crazy fast RAM. I dont need the best, but I certainly dont need the worst. I am using this as a learning process as well. What would you guys suggest?

Before you buy anything, I'd suggest checking with the boarding school to see if you can have that there. Also if they have network connections in the dorm rooms and what you're allowed to do on their network.

Before you buy anything, I'd suggest checking with the boarding school to see if you can have that there. Also if they have network connections in the dorm rooms and what you're allowed to do on their network.

I will only use for school work and gaming. I will not torrent (at least not on their network). I have thought this through and I was considering getting my own wifi. The best computer in the world is shit without wifi.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Since you got the money to burn, get a badass video card like the GTX 690 or Titan.

Planning on dropping 400-500 on both the processor and the video card

Im deciding to get good quality stuff, but not amazing. Like 8-9 on a 0-14 scale. Im doing this because if I get a epic computer with all amazing internals, they will be obsolete in a year or two, and I need this to last me 8 years. So Im getting stuff that can hold its own, while being able to constantly upgrade and improve. So far heres my list
Power Source: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply - Newegg.com
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G Solid State Drive - Newegg.com
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - Newegg.com
HD: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K - Newegg.com
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Steel structure with black brushed aluminum faceplate ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
Heatsync: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com
Anti-Static Wrist Band: BELKIN F8E093 Network/ PC Service Tools - Newegg.com
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G - OEM - Newegg.com
Zip-Ties: Seismic Audio - SAPT144 - Zip Ties - 8 Inches (Pack of 50) - Newegg.com
200mm Fan (x2): AeroCool Silent Master 200mm Red LED Case Fan - Newegg.com
120mm Fan: Rosewill RFA-120-RL Case Fan - Newegg.com

Need: Nvidia Graphics Card, Blu-Ray CD Player
If you have any suggestions or know of any compatibility issues, please PM me.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I'm not sure, but I don't see a motherboard? Can't really be 110% on those components without having a motherboard chosen.

Any ways, as soon as your put together your PC it's going to be out dated. The market is increasing at lightening speeds these days. One day you'll purchase something and then two days later they'll be something bigger and better than what you put together.

That doesn't mean you have to upgrade you computer every two-three years. I've had my build running games at med settings for over 5 years now. My video cards are nVidia 9600GT. One recently just burned out, so now I only have one installed and still running. I've had these cards for 7/8 years.

Build it to last, not to upgrade. Remember, pick out a motherboard first.

edit:
maybe you want to look into a full tower instead of a mid tower. Plenty more room to work with. Plus increased air flow. especially if you're looking into a graphics card like the titan.

Last edited:
The mother board link is the same as the cpu link.
My Intel DZ77GA-70k board is the cat's meow. Fast and lots of connection goodies. Even comes with a BT/WiFi attachment. It'll handle that i7 cpu chip.

Back
Top Bottom