New computer look quick for me, 2 sec of ur time.

jad333

Beta member
MD ATHOLON II X3 455 3.1GHZ TRIPLE CORE
BIOSTAR A780L3C MOTHERBOARD
4GB DDR3 1333
with a 1 TB harddrive.
I plan on running games with medium graphics requirements. Is this sufficient? i would say so but its cheap so im not 100%. I plan on putting an expensive gaming card in there. Would this computer be able to run 2 monitors fairly stress free? I would like to have 2 monitors only to replicate the display of the 1st.
Thank you for your time I greatly appreciate all feedback.

Hi,

The components there combined with a mid - high range graphics card should be fine to run all of your games on medium and yes it will handle two monitors.

Gaming is probably (random number here . . . . ) 80% or so down to your GPU and 20% Memory, CPU, Chipset, HDD speed.

so make sure you invest in a decent GPU.

Now i just learned the computer has a power supply of 450w and i found a GPU that requires 500w from a buddy dirt cheap EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti . im correct to assume that my power supply cannot run this card and i need to look for lower power supply requirements?

Now i just learned the computer has a power supply of 450w and i found a GPU that requires 500w from a buddy dirt cheap EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti . im correct to assume that my power supply cannot run this card and i need to look for lower power supply requirements?

Better idea would be to install a new PSU (around 700w) hon and a branded make.

Seconded on a better power supply. a 450W will run low to mid range cards or high end cards from a couple years ago, but for a new high end card it's best to upgrade the power supply as well.

Back
Top Bottom