My Subwoofer

All the solutions posted so far ignore that the OP asked how he could plug just his subwoofer into the headphone jack and have it play along with the laptop's internal speakers. He didn't want to buy a new set of speakers (which would allow him to use the new speakers with THEIR subwoofer).

Upon re-reading the thread the OP does not make mention of a "car" sub...I guess I made that part up in my head...sorry... :facepalm:

I'm going to go with strollin and say no, since the headphone port should disable the internal speakers.

All the solutions posted so far ignore that the OP asked how he could plug just his subwoofer into the headphone jack and have it play along with the laptop's internal speakers. He didn't want to buy a new set of speakers (which would allow him to use the new speakers with THEIR subwoofer).

Because unless you want to take your laptop apart and solder a jumper to bypass the mechanical disconnect of the jack itself, it's not possible to put a plug in like headphones or in this case a sub, and have the speakers play.

Why the sudden turn about strollin? Post #3 you agree it won't work, then this.

Yay,I Agree With U:lol:

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Because unless you want to take your laptop apart and solder a jumper to bypass the mechanical disconnect of the jack itself, it's not possible to put a plug in like headphones or in this case a sub, and have the speakers play.

Why the sudden turn about strollin? Post #3 you agree it won't work, then this.

I Can't Put My Laptop Apart...It Has Some Weird Screw That I Can Find NO WERE to take off the screws...About 24 screws:hide:

... Why the sudden turn about strollin? Post #3 you agree it won't work, then this.
No turn about on my part, I've consistently said what the OP asked about wouldn't work since plugging his sub into the headphone jack would disable the internal speakers. What I am agreeing to is that he could have a sub if he bought a new speaker system that plugged into the headphone jack that included it's own speakers as well as sub.

Even if it didn't disable the internal speakers, which it does, plugging an amped sub into the headphone jack along with crappy internal speakers is going to sound pretty bad anyway.

Get out and spend $20-$30 for a decent set of 2.1 speakers if you want decent sound with some bass. My little 2.1 system can output some pretty good bass if turned up.

I Can't Put My Laptop Apart...It Has Some Weird Screw That I Can Find NO WERE to take off the screws...About 24 screws:hide:
Please don't try and open up your laptop to make this happen. You will most definitely screw something up.

Yeah laptops are like women. Nice to look at and play with. But once you get inside things tend to get complicated...

Even if it didn't disable the internal speakers, which it does, plugging an amped sub into the headphone jack along with crappy internal speakers is going to sound pretty bad anyway.

Get out and spend $20-$30 for a decent set of 2.1 speakers if you want decent sound with some bass. My little 2.1 system can output some pretty good bass if turned up.

Please don't try and open up your laptop to make this happen. You will most definitely screw something up.

Like I Said IN mY First Post, Im Broke, Cannot Afford New Speakers...:facepalm:

Like I Said IN mY First Post, Im Broke, Cannot Afford New Speakers...:facepalm:

Then just use the internal speakers and be content until you can afford a set of 2.1 speakers. What you are trying to do just isn't possible.

If you have a good set of headphones laying around, use those and they may be better than the internal speakers. But other than that if you literally have no money you will spend there's nothing else to say here.

Back
Top Bottom