Hackintosh Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damian4331

Beta member
Attached is a picture of hardware for a hackintosh computer, I would like to know if any of this is not compatible? and if you think it is good enough for playing any Mac Compatible game on the highest of settings? (Mainly WoW, SC2, LoL)

Attachments

• Hackintosh.jpg
    Hackintosh.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3
I posted a lengthy explanation of why we unfortunately can't discuss hacking tosh here,

Suffice to say it's a really weird reason.

The eula for Mac OS does not say that you can't do hacking tosh, in fact it appears to allow you to run their software on any apple branded device (this has been a feature of most apple software eulas for a long time and is why when you used to buy an iPod it would come with a version of iTunes on cd and some apple stickers. (According to the eula you could only run the iTunes software in an apple branded device). They have you branding so you could comply...

Anyway, the eula does forbid discussing how to run appe software on non-apple branded hardware, which puts people running hacking tosh systems into an aweful place. They can run the software, but they can't help others to run the software.

I did explain this better in a different (also locked) thread.

The upshot of this rather weird eula agreement that comes with the mac is cd is that the rules of this forum forbid the discussion, (I guess we like to look out for our members and ensure they don't accidentally break the eula by helping someone run the software in non-branded equipment.

Anyway...
It may seem crazy. But rules is rules and I'm going to have to close this thread now before someone accidentally breaks the eula and as such accidentally starts illegally using software...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom