have you tried receiving a faulty hardware before?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
as the title says. have you tried receiving faulty hardware before?
usually when something is wrong it's not hardware failure, specially when you have first gotten it.

I just got a new PSU for my birthday. for the first time i actually think that i have gotten a faulty piece of hardware.
It spins up randomly and it makes a click noise when i shut it down.
it spins up loudly ruffly every 5-8 minutes and then slows down again. (even when on idle)
the first thing i though was bios settings. so a reset everything to default. (so it's not even overclocked right now)
still it does the same thing. i found a great deal of guys on the internet that have similar problems.
one stated that he fixed it by disabling C1E support in the bios. unfortunately that didn't work for me.
i think i have just gotten a bad PSU. i am going to call the company where my mom bought it to hear what we can do about it.

DO NOT recover a psu unless you are experimeced. There are charged capitars what do not release energy unless touched. Bring it to a psu expert (PC shop) and tell them that the coils overheated which is usually why or return it.

ohh. i have no plans on opening it up and check things out myself. i still have a warranty.
The point in this thread is simply to share your experience with faulty hardware.
i have never until now had a faulty hardware. i have build 4 computers from scratch and upgraded at least 10 parts.

have you ever gotten a faulty hardware brand new?

Nothing exciting. Only an USB thumb drive. I am not sure if it even counts as computer hardware in a traditional sense?

It was quite a scene though. The lab was going through some transition and so I had about two weeks worth of data on the stick. Not the best of ideas, but it was the easiest option at the time.

I had the pleasure of watching it heat up. Burnt both my data and my thumb.

Yep, my motherboard.

I recently diagnosed it bad after a number of tests on different components. I've only had the thing for 11 months. for 11 months it was rock solid. An amazing board for such a great price.

MSi Z77A-GD55 .. Now I've got to disassemble my complete rig in order to send it back the MSi. It's a bitch.

I WISH it was just my PSU.... I F***ING WISH.

*Edit*
I don't quite understand your title. " Have you ever tried receiving a faulty hardware before"

I will NEVER actually try to receive faulty hardware lol. It just happens sometimes.

yeah maybe it doesn't make completely sense in english.
if you translate it to danish it makes perfect sense ^^
i think "have you ever received a bad hardware" would make more sense.

sux about your motherboard. i have killed a motherboard as well once.
i did it with a bottle of vodka. true story.
but i have never until now received a brand new faulty hardware.

I use to work at a computer shop and we would get DoA (Dead on Arrival) hardware occasionally. It's not common, but it's not exactly rare either.

Ok. i though that it was very rare, and i was very unlucky.
i have just called the company and i am getting a refund. so that's good.

I received a broken evga gtx 660 ti. After a few minuets of playing any game there would be loads of artifacts and then it would crash, luckily they replaced it pretty quickly.

Never had that happen to me. Lucky I guess. But when a part goes belly up even under warranty I just chunk it and get another one. Too much hassle to send back and have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom