Can't login at the Yahoo! jungle...

Adela, you could use IE with default settings to see if the issue is fixed. But we don't have to stop here.

We could use this bit of information to identify the problem, i.e., whether it is related to browser settings or something else.

Once the problem is identified, we could then move back to your favourite browser, then maybe get that fixed. :)

Google Chrome is often said to be the fastest browser. Personally I use it because it saves my favorites and settings if I login with my gmail account so I can use it on multiple computers and my phone and ipad and still have all my favorites.

Adela, you could use IE with default settings to see if the issue is fixed. But we don't have to stop here.

We could use this bit of information to identify the problem, i.e., whether it is related to browser settings or something else.

Once the problem is identified, we could then move back to your favourite browser, then maybe get that fixed. :)

I understand Dale, I'll do that and will report to you what happens. Thanks so much again!

P.S. What a nice gesture of you to help the artists navigate the computer pain free!!! :)

Google Chrome is often said to be the fastest browser. Personally I use it because it saves my favorites and settings if I login with my gmail account so I can use it on multiple computers and my phone and ipad and still have all my favorites.

Thanks so much jmacavali! I'll try the Google Chrome as soon as I fix the present issue as my computer has gotten ridiculously slower the few last months. Also, though I don't have ipads or any other super latest tech complications ;) I wonder whether it will also help (when I'm ready) to change my email client more efficiently as I've gotten sick from the unending glitches of WLMail2011... :)

Try a password with no special characters. #*+& all have "code baggage" attached.

Maybe one like g7S0Li2Md5

Try a password with no special characters. #*+& all have "code baggage" attached.

Maybe one like g7S0Li2Md5

Oh thank you Janet, but the devil Yahoo set up the page to specifically demand to include also the keyboard signs. However, I'll try it... :) I'm thinking of dissolving my group lists and just add them to my regular address book so as to avoid this kind of time waste...

I understand they want to protect us from hackers but...there IS such a thing as ridiculous, no?... :(

Did another browser work?

Perhaps something simpler like $ or @ only and not all those other ones?

Hello! To everyone who so kindly and patiently is trying to help...now a new glitch!!!:

I did switch back to Internet Explorer and hastened to login, but when I copied the Security Code...I couldn't reach the "Continue" button which was way below the reach of the cursor. I tried sliding the little window towards up but wouldn't move. I scrolled down as quickly as I could hoping to catch the button, but didn't catch it!!!

Any ideas? My goodness, if it isn't one thing is another, isn't it??? I anticipate my thanks again... :)

Hello again...I thought I'd report on the following:

Ok, I resolved the silly glitch of not reaching the “Continue” button. However, and even though I changed to IE for signing in and it stayed IE through the process, when I clicked on the “Reset my password” link they emailed me...it opens up on a Firefox page! So I get the same “Weak” password and couldn't tell whether using IE helped. Any ideas on this?

I tried so many times, they've locked my account now until tomorrow after 11:00 PM GMT when, they say, they'll use the Secret Questions! It's funny but I'm disappointed with high tech... :( Adela

Back
Top Bottom