Is it ok to put in a new grpahics card in a bad set up?

CBJ023

Baseband Member
I'm planning on buying a Radeon 7850 soon, and I wanted to know if I could just throw it in and do some basic gaming. I won't be able to buy the other parts for a few months so thought I could just throw in the graphics card and maybe play some easier games on lower resolution like World of Tanks. It has a RC410-m motherboard will 512mb RAM and can only go to 1gb (which is why I'm replacing it). It has a HP P/N 5188 2907 graphics card. A Intel Pentium 2.8ghz processor, and a 300W power supply. So could I throw in the graphics card and get some better performance temporarily? About what graphics would I get out of this? (Like what games could I play) What it work on the 300W power supply? And lastly could it damage the graphics card somehow?

Hi CBJ023

Two things ...

1. the Radeon 7850 Required Power Connectors 1 or 2 6pin power feeds (depending on sub make ... eg ASUS, GIGABYTE etc)

2. Radeon 7850 Min PSU Requirement 500W

Them grammer nazi's have been after me for a long time haha. Thanks for the responses I figured it probably wouldn't due to the PSU, and position of the PCI 16 slot. Also I wouldn't have been able to do much with 512mb of RAM haha.

Back
Top Bottom