2 router netqorking

sajjad_ss

Solid State Member
i am using two router attached in network. i want to connect ( share files) one router PC to secund router PC. help me how to do this?

i am using two router attached in network. i want to connect ( share files) one router PC to secund router PC. help me how to do this?

You need to use one of the routers for DHCP and then disable DHCP on the secondary router. Assign the secondary router an IP address outside the range of the first. For example, if the first is 192.168.0.1 change the second to 192.168.1.1 this way the secondary router will essentially act like a switch and bypass all traffic to the primary router therefore giving you access to all the devices on your network but using two different routers.

Hope this helps.

You need to use one of the routers for DHCP and then disable DHCP on the secondary router. Assign the secondary router an IP address outside the range of the first. For example, if the first is 192.168.0.1 change the second to 192.168.1.1 this way the secondary router will essentially act like a switch and bypass all traffic to the primary router therefore giving you access to all the devices on your network but using two different routers.

Hope this helps.

Changing the subnet of the other router would only be necessary if both routers were to serve as DHCP servers. You would still need to change the IP of the second router. For example if one is 192.168.1.1, the other should be something like 192.168.1.2

If you're going to use it as a switch, simply plug a standard CAT5 cable into a LAN port on the second router and make sure DHCP is disabled ont he second router.

Changing the subnet of the other router would only be necessary if both routers were to serve as DHCP servers. You would still need to change the IP of the second router. For example if one is 192.168.1.1, the other should be something like 192.168.1.2

If you're going to use it as a switch, simply plug a standard CAT5 cable into a LAN port on the second router and make sure DHCP is disabled ont he second router.

^^ This. I've setup a 3-router configuration at my parents doing that. You should also turn off the firewall on the second router as the first will do all of that work. I've also heard that if the second router has a NAT functionality that you can disable, to turn that off as well.

Back
Top Bottom