Building Custom PC

FireDust

In Runtime

Hey guys, Im here new and I joined to ask this question.
Im building new PC (Obv. from the title...), My budget is 1500€ and I want to save any buck (In my case Euro). I already changed my two GTX650Ti's to MSI N640GT. But now I want to change my pick of ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, to something similiar but not so overpriced. I still want to be able to upgrade in future, to better CPU's or even GPU's. So if you got any suggestions for any other brands with similiar products, feel free to post some.

Rig Im planning on building:

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
CPU Compound (Telling you just for the looks :) ): IC Diamond
CPU Cooling (Yes, water cooling): Corsair H110
GPU's: Dual MSI N640GT
Sound Card (I got good audio setup): ASUS Xonar D1
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (Dominator is too expensive)
SSD: Corsair Force GT 60GB - For my OS
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M - 750W supply, I hope its enough!
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

Additional:
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry LXE
Better Fans: Noctua NF-F12 x2

Current Cost: 1491,00€

I hope you will help me, Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I agree h110 would not fit go with the h100 for cooling and 3930/3960/3970

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

*for the cpu

I don't think the h110 will fit that case. Not positive though.

Ok, Thanks I was wondring if that giant rad will fit there. :) By the way, should I go with H100i or normal H100?
But still, do you guys have any recommmendations on a different motherboard, maybe I will go with Rampage IV formula...

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

nice specs yes change the cooling system to H100 and the memory to crucial as

crucial memory is the best memory you can get.

Website for crucial

Kind Regards

Thank you too! I went with Crucial Ballistix Elite Series Model No. BLE2CP4G3D1608DE1TX0CEU.

Last edited:
I already posted something here, but Its not showing for me, so gonna type it again.

Thanks Cortb, I looked at it some more, and yea, it wont fit. And aslo thanks Fujitsu, I chose Crucial Ballistix Elite Series - Model No. BLS2C8G3D1609ES2LX0CEU.

But, I still have to buy that overpriced motherboard, so any idea what to replace it with?

What do you mean by high-end? Do you mean something like 670? Because thats over my limit...

If you're gaming, I would drop the i7 in favor of the i5-3570K and run 8GB of RAM. Use the money saved to put towards a larger SSD and a better GPU.

For about the price of the pair of 640s, you could get something like this:
SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Version - Newegg.com

Granted it has a smaller frame buffer (1GB as opposed to 2GB), it wouldn't make any difference unless you were gaming across multiple monitors at huge resolutions, something like 3840x2160.

Back
Top Bottom