Email hosting

1000RR

Beta member
Hi all,

Just curious if anyone would know how to setup a personal email address like xyz@123.com, what's needed and is there free web hosting sites I can use as a piggy back so I don't have to pay for the service. Nothing crazy, just a few emails daily.

Thanks

If you just want something personal (i.e., not trying to conceal your current e-mail address), you could setup mail forwarding by pointing it to your current e-mail address or a free e-mail address.

You could register a domain name that you like, with a registrar that provides services like e-mail hosting or e-mail forwarding (many do this "for free" as an add-on to your domain name registration). Then set it up from there.

First you need a name. Go for something short and not easy to misspell. If you are into .com, .net, or .org, you could use Psychic Whois to help you figure out an available name. But I see that you are in Canada, so maybe you would like .ca instead? In which case you could search with CIRA.

I do not recommend .info and .biz for personalised e-mail addresses. Too many people set these TLD on spam list.

After you have found a name that is available, you have to find a registrar to register your name. I know both Go Daddy and Namecheap offer free e-mail forwarding service, but they are not the only ones. Feel free to do your search and check user reviews. If you do go with Go Daddy, be sure to stay super focused when you check out because the system will keep trying to sell you stuff that you don't need. You only need one year registration of one domain name. That's it. No hosting plans or privacy guard or whatnots. We are looking at USD ~9-12 (or ~15 if .ca) per year, so if you see a lot more when you checkout, be sure to check again.

Then just create your e-mail forwarding with their in-house e-mail management tools accordingly. :) Let me know if you need help at this point.

Looked into Godaddy and namecheap, both require payment to use their services. Also, I looked around for other free domains, doesn't really exist. Do I have any other options other than paying? Thanks for the help

Not really. There are quite a few ad-supported or spam-supported vanity e-mail address providers out there, but I don't recommend them for real usage.

I know that gigapros.com started to offer 15-day free trial on their hosting, no credit card required.
Their services are widely represented in the web hosting market. hope it will help.

I know that Fastnext offers new SSD server with CDN( CDN is provided for free) and they provide 7 days free server test.

Back
Top Bottom