Buying a gaming desktop help!!!

NZL Dingo

Beta member
Hey all.
I have recently been searching the internet for a decently priced gaming rig that I can play games such as Arma 2 and GTA V on(although the system requirements haven't been released yet). I have come across two desktops(both of which are classed as gaming rigs) that are in my price range.

Here are the specs:

'The Little Monkey' ($1000)
Now with a Quad-Core 3.5Ghz backed with a 2GB Sapphire HD 7750 it's got power like never before
Essentials…

OS pre-installed with latest drivers loaded :)

Sapphire HD 7750 2GB Graphics
AMD A8–5600K Quad Core 3.6GHz
500GB Hard Drive
4GB Ram
Windows 8

Parts list:

AMD A8–5600K Quad Core 3.6GHz FM2 CPU
4GB Strontium Hynix 1333MHz Ram
LG 24× DVD Writer
Windows 8 64bit
Cooler Master K350 Gaming Chassis
Sapphire HD 7750 2GB Graphics Card
500GB Seagate Hard Drive
Cooler Master Elite 400Watt Power Supply
Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm Red LED Case Fan

'The Baboon' ($1500)
One of the coolest gaming chassis you can get fitted with twin 200mm brilliant red LED fans in the front and top with another 120mm red LED on the back vents illuminating the interior and creating a spectacular view though the side window!

Essentials…

NVIDIA ASUS GTX650ti Graphics
intel i5 3.2GHz Quad-Core
1TB Hard Drive
8GB Ram G.Skill Gaming Ram
Windows 8 & Wireless

Parts list:

intel Quad Core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2×4GB) Gaming Ram
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Gaming Chassis
Twin Cooler Master Mega Flow Brilliant RED LED 200mm Fans
Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Red LED fan
LG 24X DVD WRITER
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200RPM Hard Drive
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H Motherboard
TP Link 300Mbps Wireless N
Cooler Master Extreme 2 525Watt Power Supply
Windows 8 64bit

Could both rigs run these games on medium to low settings?
And which one is better value for money, in terms of reliability, upgrade ability etc.

The Little Monkey - Buy The Little Monkey (Gorilla Rig N1) at Mighty Ape NZ
The Baboon - Buy The Baboon (Gorilla Rig N1) at Mighty Ape NZ

Please note I am from New Zealand

the one in red is more decent overall and upgradeable, 2 more sticks of the same ram and swap out the cpu for a i7 and get a gpu. if u do get the cpu get a water cooled heatsink, so you can oc it to 4ghz.
what is the motherboard of the one in blue?

Last edited:
Hey all.
I have recently been searching the internet for a decently priced gaming rig that I can play games such as Arma 2 and GTA V on(although the system requirements haven't been released yet). I have come across two desktops(both of which are classed as gaming rigs) that are in my price range.

Here are the specs:

Now with a Quad-Core 3.5Ghz backed with a 2GB Sapphire HD 7750 it's got power like never before
Essentials…

500GB Hard Drive
4GB Ram
Windows 8

Parts list:

LG 24× DVD Writer
Windows 8 64bit
500GB Seagate Hard Drive

'The Baboon' ($1500)
One of the coolest gaming chassis you can get fitted with twin 200mm brilliant red LED fans in the front and top with another 120mm red LED on the back vents illuminating the interior and creating a spectacular view though the side window!

Essentials…

1TB Hard Drive
Windows 8 & Wireless

Parts list:

LG 24X DVD WRITER
Windows 8 64bit

And which one is better value for money, in terms of reliability, upgrade ability etc.

No offense, but I could build you a better computer then both, for less... just sayin.. Oh, and I wouldn't recommend win 8, but that's just me.

OP from March...probably either bought one or doesn't care any more.

Win8 will run fine, but I think Life was saying that Win8 probably isn't good for gaming.

OP from March...probably either bought one or doesn't care any more.

Win8 will run fine, but I think Life was saying that Win8 probably isn't good for gaming.

I personally think that Windows 7 is still good for gaming that's what I think..

Hey all.

Here are the specs:

Essentials…

500GB Hard Drive
4GB Ram
Windows 8

Parts list:

LG 24× DVD Writer
Windows 8 64bit
500GB Seagate Hard Drive

'The Baboon' ($1500)

Essentials…

1TB Hard Drive
Windows 8 & Wireless

Parts list:

LG 24X DVD WRITER
Windows 8 64bit

just get a good video card and processor the rest go cheap you only need 4 gigs of ram forget all the rest I have arma 3 at 75 fps with a good video card and processor rest is ok 3$ for a plastic fan does the same thing only a water cooler can be trusted for a high oc if the room gets a puff of hot air on any fan it will destroy the thing and it is arma 3 now. I can oc on stock and with a nice fan but never trust it on high you have to keep a eye out for heat and broken lines on the screen then you pushed it to the max clock down oh and when you do buy a pc just buy the parts so much more cheap about half the money just copy what is in the ones you looked at or find a good mobo and processor package and buy a great video card 4 gigs of ram the rest look for the best price you can. If it fits the mobo it is all you need for the other parts a solid state hard drive can help with loads but that is even over kill and arma 3 is a hard game to run you could run 14 games of the new call of duty to one arma 2/3 .

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

just get a good video card and processor the rest go cheap you only need 4 gigs of ram forget all the rest I have arma 3 at 75 fps with a good video card and processor rest is ok 3$ for a plastic fan does the same thing only a water cooler can be trusted for a high oc if the room gets a puff of hot air on any fan it will destroy the thing and it is arma 3 now. I can oc on stock and with a nice fan but never trust it on high you have to keep a eye out for heat and broken lines on the screen then you pushed it to the max clock down oh and when you do buy a pc just buy the parts so much more cheap about half the money just copy what is in the ones you looked at or find a good mobo and processor package and buy a great video card 4 gigs of ram the rest look for the best price you can. If it fits the mobo it is all you need for the other parts a solid state hard drive can help with loads but that is even over kill and arma 3 is a hard game to run you could run 14 games of the new call of duty to one arma 2/3 .
That and xfx is great for video cards good for stock over clocks and 5 years /life time warrantys on some.

Back
Top Bottom