Help with buying a new computer - please!

hans36

Beta member
Hi, I'm new at the forums, so hi . Second of all, I'm a complete noob with regards to computers, so bear with me please. I appreciate any help!

My current PC is 5-6 years old, my current specs are:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core
Core processor 5600+
2.80 GHz, 1.75 GB ram
GeForce 8200

I'm tired of always lagging, so I've decided to buy a new one. But I'm not sure if the PC I've looked at is right for me or not. Hopefully someone can help me decide??

I've looked at this one: Komplett.dk (I'm from Denmark, but hopefully you understand). I want to be able to play Fifa 13 (and maybe some of the newer ones, 14,15,16) and HoN, and maybe games like CS:GO, but not extreme ones like Metro 2033 and Crysis, BF3 and watever.

But will I be able to play those other I mentioned on that PC? (Preferably on high settings and completely smooth - right now EVERYTHING is on low, gets boring). Or would it need an upgrade, maybe the CPU or GPU? The "Intel® Core i5-3570 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 6MB, 77W, HD2500, Boxed w/fan" costs around 150$ more, but I don't know if I can afford it - do you think I should?

Any helps / tips is appreciated, I'm a sucker at computers and this is my first new buy in 5-6 years. I just want one that fits my needs.

Thanks!!!

I'm no hardware guy, put that looks like a pretty solid system. However, if you can wait and save up the $150, an i5 will be much better than the processor in this one. And it's more current (being quad instead of dual core) so hopefully it will last you longer.

I don't know what graphics card comes with the i5 though?

Also, you may want to see if they will install Win7 instead of 8. Does it come with a monitor or are you happy with the one you have?

I'm no hardware guy, put that looks like a pretty solid system. However, if you can wait and save up the $150, an i5 will be much better than the processor in this one. And it's more current (being quad instead of dual core) so hopefully it will last you longer.

I don't know what graphics card comes with the i5 though?

Also, you may want to see if they will install Win7 instead of 8. Does it come with a monitor or are you happy with the one you have?

Hi, thanks for your reply. The GPU will still be "Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, with BioShock: Infinite and Tomb Raider" even if I upgr the processor I think. It doesn't come with a monitor, but my current is ok.

I have heard bad things about Win8, is it not good at all? Win7 costs 55$ more, and I'm not so fond of that. I have checked out Win8 on Youtube and that Metro thing really isn't me, is there not a way to uninstall it?

Yea win 8 is def different but after I few days I've Learned to like it ...and all u have to do is click desktop mode and it looks just like win7 without a start button (which software can add too)

Hi, I'm new at the forums, so hi . Second of all, I'm a complete noob with regards to computers, so bear with me please. I appreciate any help!

My current PC is 5-6 years old, my current specs are:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core
Core processor 5600+
2.80 GHz, 1.75 GB ram
GeForce 8200

I'm tired of always lagging, so I've decided to buy a new one. But I'm not sure if the PC I've looked at is right for me or not. Hopefully someone can help me decide??

I've looked at this one: Komplett.dk (I'm from Denmark, but hopefully you understand). I want to be able to play Fifa 13 (and maybe some of the newer ones, 14,15,16) and HoN, and maybe games like CS:GO, but not extreme ones like Metro 2033 and Crysis, BF3 and watever.

But will I be able to play those other I mentioned on that PC? (Preferably on high settings and completely smooth - right now EVERYTHING is on low, gets boring). Or would it need an upgrade, maybe the CPU or GPU? The "Intel® Core i5-3570 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 6MB, 77W, HD2500, Boxed w/fan" costs around 150$ more, but I don't know if I can afford it - do you think I should?

Any helps / tips is appreciated, I'm a sucker at computers and this is my first new buy in 5-6 years. I just want one that fits my needs.

Thanks!!!

The system you are looking at will play all of your games.

However if you wanted to upgrade your system it would cost less.
The intel core i7 would not work in your computer, the graphics card seems to be pretty crappy, and you have a low amount of ram.
You could slap in a Nvidia GT630/GT640 (google search) and 2 gigabytes of DDR2-800mhz (google search) and it would play almost as well as the new system.

Back
Top Bottom