Hi all i need sone advice

starrrie

Baseband Member
Hi all I am in a dilemma as I know nothing about crossfire. My current computer is as below::

1. Asus x79 sabertooth
2. Intel 3820 (o.c to 4.6ghz)
3. Antec 750 gold
4. 16gb ram g.skill 1600 I think..
5. Asus 6950 2gb DCII ( the shop OC it to 850 core and 1126 for shaders) I don't really understand all these .. Sorry
6. Corsair H60
7. Fatality profression 5.1 sound card
8. Cooler master haf 912 adv (1 x 200mm fan) (2 x 120mm for the h60) (1 x 120mm @ the top of the casing) (1 x 120mm speed adjustable at the side casing)

Is it possible for me to crossfire my current asus 6950 with the msi 6950 lightning ? Or should I just use a single card msi 6970 lightning ? I got both msi card from a friend as he is upgrading and heard that a my computer service shop try to sell me something. I would also like to take this chance to thank the nice people in here who adviced me before about the shop trying to sell me something. Please kindly advice me.

Thank you all in advance.

I wouldn't use a single card if you have 2 graphics cards that are crossfire enabled, aslong as your motherbored has crossfire and these parts are compatable you should'nt have a problem, the only thing you'll need is the pins from the power supply to your gpu, these are the two power points from your gpu to power supply.

yeah it would work, (as IAntDemo stated)
They are both the same GPU so they will crossfire.
you should know that if they are clocked differently the faster card will downclock itself to the slower cards clock speed.
you will have to overclock the slower card to the faster card's speed if you don't want to loss some performance from the faster card.

Back
Top Bottom