Computer Randomly shutting off

Graphics card temps were in the mid 60s (C), is this high?

I have the latest drivers, flash I updated pretty recently as well.

Everything looked good inside the case as well. I took the GPU out and cleaned it, but it didn't seem too full of dust.

My case mounts the power supply on the bottom, and the fan for the PSU pulls from below. I did notice that was pretty full of dust, so I cleaned it out.

Mmmmm your a bit hot superman22x :D ... position of the PC and room temp can be a factor a clean GPU heat sink and fan also good case air flow makes a difference, and the GPU is not young any more :)

GPU is currently at 69 *C and I just turned the computer on 15 minutes ago and haven't done anything on it. Ambient temp of the GPU is 58*C according to Everest though. And the fan on it is only at 38%.
I haven't overclocked the GPU, however, I think it's factory overclocked. Maybe I'll see if I can remove the heatsink and put some fresh thermal compound on the GPU? And clean it out nicely. Like I said, not much dust came out.

Call me super man :)

Download speedfan, make sure your drivers are tuned, put your gpu fan at 55% on speedfan, should fix all issues, rethermal to :)

And yes, it's either gpu or memory, these issues indicate that.

When the computer is off, make sure that the fan on the GPU can spin freely with no resistance.

Back
Top Bottom