Need some advice on a build?

HarrieW

Beta member
Hello,

I wish to build a high end, i7 build with at least 16gb RAM. I'd like a dual-screen layout. The only other real requirements that I have are that i'd like USB 3.0 and a good video card for video editing and PC gaming. I've looked across the internet and got an idea, but i'd like the professional opinion. I want it to be as cheap as possible.

Thanks!

Sorry, by 'cheap' I meant as cheap as possible for the build. I'd be willing to spend around £500 for the tower.

I don't know the conversion rate but I can say with certainty £500 wil not get you an i7 with 16GB of RAM and a good video card.

You need to adjust one of two things, your goals or budget.

What would be more doable is an i5 with 8GB of RAM and you could still get a good video card that will play modern games at 19200x1080 with a high level of detail.

The i5-3570K is the go to processor for gaming. If you want similar performance in heavily threaded workloads and save some money, you could go with the AMD FX-8350.

When it comes to gaming, it's hard to tell the difference between the 3570K and the 8350.

The 8350 does use more power and generates more heath though.

Back
Top Bottom