Having a Strange Problem...

stuiedaman

Baseband Member
Well, this has happened to me once before a while ago, and what I had to do was reinstall Windows, which is something I REEAALLY don't want to do. As of now, my computer is completely inoperable and has been for a while. I'm just now deciding to get this repaired and am determined to do so! lol

Here's the problem: I was using my computer when suddenly it just shut down and rebooted itself. No blue screen, no error, nothing...except, when it tries to boot up, it gets stuck on the hardware monitor page and just sits there, doing nothing. All my drives show up in my BIOS and everything seems to be going fine.

Here are my specs:
Biostar TA880GU3+
AMD 1090T Black Edition
1TB & 2TB hard drives
ICEQ X Turbo 6790
Windows 7

Honestly, I haven't done anything computer savvy in a while so I may be missing some basic bit of information that I should include so just let me know!

I'll post a video of the problem...

Do you have enough power?

Did the machine function properly before with the same settings? or has it always been like this?

I don't know but I will post my thoughts about the issue.

1. An issue when the computer try's to load the bootloader.

2. Faulty BIOS, causing the system to hang at POST

3. Corrupt or missing boot sectors on the drive (but it should tell you this in POST)

Aaand I'm trying to boot up and nothing is coming on screen...at all. Great.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

This is sounding like a bad motherboard. And I hate bad motherboards. Anyone concur?

except, when it tries to boot up, it gets stuck on the hardware monitor page and just sits there, doing nothing.
Could you show this stage (maybe with a picture or a video)? Maybe there is helpful information here.

Could you show this stage (maybe with a picture or a video)? Maybe there is helpful information here.

Well as stated above, nothing is coming on the screen at all now. I have my computer hooked up via hdmi. Tried three seperate monitors, three seperate hdmis, with and without my video card in etc. No luck...

This is likely to be hardware issue.

Could we try again to make sure that the power supply is working as it should? Have you got another machine that you could try this PSU on; or another spare PSU that you could try on this machine?

Back
Top Bottom