Different Programming Language's

XPikachu

BSOD
I am starting to get a bit sick & tired of Java, since i have not wirtten a applet for a little while (getting into BYOB now).

So what other programming language's are easy to learn and write like JavaScript?

I heard of a language called LSL and from what i hear - it sounds like an easy language.

Cheers peps.

You seem to be approaching programming, well, somewhat backwards. Can I ask *why* you want to program? Is it just for fun, are you looking to make a career out of it or something else entirely?

Usually, if people use a block based language like Scratch or BYOB at all (from what I can tell BYOB is simply a slightly modified version of Scratch) it's before a text based language such as Java, since they're easier to use but much less powerful. But you *started* with Java and have then moved away to a block based language?

You also seem intent on going with odd languages that almost no-one has ever heard of. LSL? What on earth is that?

My advice would be to stick with Java, but don't necessarily get bogged down in applets. I can near guarantee you that you haven't explored all of the language's features, and probably haven't really gone much beyond the basics. Perhaps give Greenfoot a try if you like making 2D graphical stuff but don't want to get bogged down with implementation details such as applet exports, double buffering and so on. Alternatively, get away from that entirely and have a look at create basic command line / desktop applications. If you do want to pick another language, then pick a well known, text based language. It'll be more likely to be maintained in the future, be more useful in the future, and you'll find many more support forums around as well when you inevitably get stuck.

Don't go for what's easy, go for what's useful.

Oh and:
It makes **scene** to learn about science, since it is all around you.
?

Im going to stick with Java and BYOB at the mo.

Yeah I was stumped when I heard about LSL, my mate told me about it but I dont know whats he's on about.

Yes in my view, since science is all around you learning a little about it makes scene to me.

Yes in my view, since science is all around you learning a little about it makes scene to me.

I think you mean "sense". scene is like a chunk of a movie or show like "what's your favorite scene in The Dark Knight?"

Back
Top Bottom