Search for unanswered threads

But surely if you close the thread and start a new one it will help you climb the ladder of Google because it is another post with the issue and people can focus again on 1 thread I myself do not bother reading threads that are ongoing as there is too much literature to read there for it will discourage new comers right?
Kind Regards

Google seems to take equal rank in # of posts as it does the newness of it from what I've seen so having a million one or two post threads wouldn't really get us anywhere.

When I was a new-commer I loved the longer threads It game me a lot of alternatives if one route didn't work without having to navigate all over the place or hitting a bunch of different Google results. Having all the information in one place is a godsend.

IMHO, if a thread is answered, there is no need to close it because people tend to just express gratitude and walk away anyway. Occasionally there are some necros, but a.) overall it is not a huge problem and b.) sometimes it helps to identify the spammers early on, which is a plus? :D

And if a thread is not answered, there is no point to close it, too, because someone might walk-by and provide a relevant answer after an indefinite frame of time, perhaps after he himself encounters a similar situation or solution. Never know with these things.

Just foster an environment friendly to discussion and let things take their natural course. This site already has good SEO. Most users are generating good content now that the spammers are pushed off a dangerous cliff with sharks waiting down below. And content is king! We don't and shouldn't have to make changes for the sake of SEO.

IMHO, if a thread is answered, there is no need to close it because people tend to just express gratitude and walk away anyway. Occasionally there are some necros, but a.) overall it is not a huge problem and b.) sometimes it helps to identify the spammers early on, which is a plus? :D

And if a thread is not answered, there is no point to close it, too, because someone might walk-by and provide a relevant answer after an indefinite frame of time, perhaps after he himself encounters a similar situation or solution. Never know with these things.

Just foster an environment friendly to discussion and let things take their natural course. This site already has good SEO. Most users are generating good content now that the spammers are pushed off a dangerous cliff with sharks waiting down below. And content is king! We don't and shouldn't have to make changes for the sake of SEO.

What a passionate and defying response to this tread I like the ongoing debate and you make a point as well it is quite clear the site admin (s) do not want to close threads however suggestions are always good and sometimes relevant to action. But in this occasion it has created a good debate and one myself has enjoyed.
Happy Forums J
Kind Regards

But surely if you close the thread and start a new one it will help you climb the ladder of Google because it is another post with the issue and people can focus again on 1 thread I myself do not bother reading threads that are ongoing as there is too much literature to read there for it will discourage new comers right?
Kind Regards

As noted earlier, threads aren't closed routinely. Google ranking isn't the only concern - the bigger issue is that people (not bots) are are best served when discussions are dynamic and evolve organically. When we close threads we interrupt the natural evolution of a topic. :flowers:

Janet H,
Thanks for the comment ^ if you read my 2nd response I am not worried myself and enjoyed the debate :) I found it a brillant thead but there was no harm in the point made that is why forums where made right?

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom