Packet Loss with SC2 only.

KoleC

Beta member
Recently, I have been experiencing lag/skips on my newly rebuilt PC. After some research i found out that it should not be my hardware since while the lag happens the unit portraits continue to move. So this means it is a internet connection problem supposedly. I did a speed and ping test and it said i had packet loss. 1-4%. This could be why my units freeze up every few seconds. But what i dont get is why do my other games work fine such as LOL? And something strange is it only said i have packet loss while SC2 is up and a game is running in the background. But when i turn SC off and its only my OS running my ping and packet loss is getting an A+ rating, no problems. I tried reinstalling SC2 and it still does it. NO MATTER THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS! I might add. Help me please!

Core i5 3470
Corsair 8GB Ram
550 W Power Supply
Gigabyte Z77MX MotherBoard
Geforce EVGA GTX660

Yes i did, before the pc upgrade it was great. the only lag i had was due to my 210 graphics card. so i played at low settings and the lag was minimal.

Turns out the game optimizer in the launcher is still dling data in the background, this may be causing my problem. I will get back to you guys if after the 11GB download finishes, I no longer have this problem.

Back
Top Bottom