Shutdown with network

While it is possible, you are going to have to provide more details as to why you want to do this. It's quite possible this will fall under the umbrella of "hacking" and it's generally not something we encourage or support on this forum.

umm actually this can not fall under the hacking category, because he is not violating any rules not trying to gain any information that could possibly be used against the victim .

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

the easyest way to do this is found here.

shutting down a pc on the same net

No but I think you're forgetting, that the 'victim' can still be hurt if his computer is turned off without his knowledge or consent. If he were uploading something for his job or compiling code, turning off his computer would be harmful. Even without data theft, gaining access without consent sounds like its hacking to me, unless somehow you know for sure that he owns the remote computer.

umm actually this can not fall under the hacking category, because he is not violating any rules not trying to gain any information that could possibly be used against the victim .

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

the easyest way to do this is found here.

shutting down a pc on the same net

what the hell was that?

The guy took five minutes to explain that you could write shutdown /i??

what the hell was that?

The guy took five minutes to explain that you could write shutdown /i??

Clearly you dnt watch the video.. ( sad face). You type netstat into cmd and look at whos connected to your net.. Then type shutdown -i to pull up the gui and type the name or ip of the computer on your net

Oh my god. Guys in this case google is your best friend

Clearly you dnt watch the video.. ( sad face). You type netstat into cmd and look at whos connected to your net.. Then type shutdown -i to pull up the gui and type the name or ip of the computer on your net

Oh my god. Guys in this case google is your best friend

clearly I watched it more closely than you did.

the guy types net view, (not netstat) which should give him a list of all the names of the computers, except there is either only 1 computer in the workgroup that he's on, or given that the network discovery isn't working.
(a good example of this is that I'm currently in the office with about 10 people using machines, when I type net view I only discover 4 (myself and three others).
-i.e this is an unreliable way to find machine names. -and besides which surely you should know the name of the machine you;re trying to shutdown...

the next thing is he says how to shut down the machine, he points to his IP address and says, this might be an IP address, or it might be, "i forget what you call this"... it's an IP address IPV6.

but why enter the IP address at all? DNS resollution is clearly working, - that's how he got the IP address! why not just type the machine name...

comment "you've been hacked!" where was the hacking?? this is pretty basic stuff, and you can't send remote shutdown commands unless you have permissions to actually do that, -hardly hacking?

Then, if you can't run CMD, just make a batch file to run it...??

The not too subtly hidden subtext of what I'm saying here, is...
the most useful thing he did was show that you could use the shutdown command, and it had a graphical interface.

he spent the other 4:20 seconds spewing uninformed tripe about how you needed to run the command prompt, how you could try and circumvent restrictions and what funny and ill informed messages you could write in the shut down reason box... google could have been this guys friend too...

Back
Top Bottom