NEED ASSISTANCE lost files

slayeralbert

Beta member
heres the short version. brother got a virus on his hp laptop. when you would enter your O.S. the only thing you could see was the taskbar and start button. when selecting start button everything was gone. the same thing through safe mode. i decided to pull the H.D.D out and backup his info (documents, pictures, videos, and favorites) and restore the unit. Done. the laptop is back to normal installed all updates and all required software back. HERE IS MY PROBLEM. when i transfer all 101gb of the backup i did earlier, the folders look FADED, and they cannot be seen on my brothers laptop, but it can be seen when i connect the passport HDD to my laptop. when you right click on the folder it shows the 101gb of Size on Disk. but i cannot see the folders with the data. What am i Doing Need help to many photos and school work in there.
Specs on laptop: windows vista home premium
200gb SATA HDD
RAM 3GB
INTEL Processor

It sounds like the files are hidden and your machine is configured to show hidden files and folders. Simply remove the hidden attribute from the files and all should be well.

Thank you very much for the feedback. OhSnapWord got it. thank you very much. Under attributes i selected HIDDEN and Apply, then i unselected HIDDEN and Apply, and this fixed the problem thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom