cpu temperture

Owner tech manual.
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-prod...desktop/inspiron-531_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

I have not been inside one of those in years. Used to have the AMD version.
Ok here's my idea. The air intake vent is is along the sides of the front cover. The grill behind it is actually the metal front of the case. Since most people don't think to pop off the bezel and clean the openings, I'm thinking maybe the vent works is stopped up or pretty close to it.

ok changed the fan but it did no better temps where higher could be that the replacement fan was a dc12v 0.15a and this one is a dc12 0.19a i put the original fan back in. I think i might have to get a new heat sink and fan combo because when i got this computer the clamp was missing, i' holding it down with a screw would you believe that.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

what temp should i be looking at cpu, cpu core 1 or cpu 2

ok took the front off cleaned those vents new report here using everest ultimate what do you think:

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Asus F8000 (ISA 290h)

Temperatures
Motherboard 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 49 °C (120 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 47 °C (117 °F)
MCP 54 °C (129 °F)
Aux 27 °C (81 °F)
Seagate ST3160815AS 33 °C (91 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 1750 RPM
Chassis 884 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.68 V
+3.3 V 3.36 V

ok i created a report using cpuid here is the file can you tell me what you think please:

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

sorry how do i put a text file in my message

160-untitled.jpg

Hey I was googling your computer and noticed there was a slim model 531, do you have the fat or skinny one? I ask because the slim one has a vent at the top of the case that might be used as a place to mount an intake fan that would force more cool air into the case and over the heatsink area. The wide case has a vent too but it's on the bottom and adding a fan there wouldn't do as much good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom