cpu temperture

nigel1231

Solid State Member
hi can anyone help me please not to sure but i think cpu temperture could be a little high, if so should i clean the cpu and heat sink and apply new thermal paste. I have a amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 3800+ 2.01 ghz here is a report i have from using everest ultimate software program.

Sensor Type Asus F8000 (ISA 290h)

Temperatures
Motherboard 33 °C (91 °F)
CPU 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 47 °C (117 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 46 °C (115 °F)
MCP 61 °C (142 °F)
Aux 28 °C (82 °F)
Seagate ST3160815AS 36 °C (97 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 1750 RPM
Chassis 898 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.68 V
+3.3 V 3.36 V

Your hard drive is hot, that's the tip off as to what's happening. Well, for that matter, everything is hot.
I see the case fan is only going 898 rpm's. What size is it and how many?
Is the computer sitting in the blast from a heater vent?
Is the inside of the case caked up with dust?

Bad airflow, dust buildup, weak fans, or need of another fan could all be reasons. I don't think the temps are super high, but they could be lower.

I cleaned the fans 2 days ago i did notice that there was not much thermal paste between th cpu and heat sink, will putting an extra case fan help, i have ordered thermal paste but will not be here until around wednesday at the latest.

There is no room for another case fan i do have another case fan on another computer i do not use, will changing the case fan help.

what do you mean, do you mean cpu fan

Yes.

I cleaned the fans 2 days ago i did notice that there was not much thermal paste between th cpu and heat sink, will putting an extra case fan help, i have ordered thermal paste but will not be here until around wednesday at the latest.

You don't need a whole lot of thermal paste to get the job done. In fact, too much could hurt cooling performance. Make sure you cleaned all old thermal paste from both the CPU and heatsink before applying new.

what should i clean the old paste off with, will the computer be ok till around wednesday should i replace the case fan

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

what speed should the case fan be doing

If the fan is going too slow changing it out for one that goes faster would help.
When you cleaned the fan did you clean the rest of the insides? Like the front air vent?

What model and brand name is your computer? Got an idea and need to know.

Back
Top Bottom