Seatools not running with particular hard drive ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Im a bit confused here. I have always used seatools dos and windows to test all my hard drives however I want to test a toshiba one from a laptop and the DOS crashes and restarts the machine, windows does not allow the install and throws an error. and when putting it in a caddy on another machine with seatools installed it crashes the program when searching for devices.

1. Why could this be happening (because it toshiba) ?
2. What alternate program can i download and use which is just as good as seatools ?

Thnaks

I have a USB to IDE/SATA adapter that I use to hook up and wipe drives. Sometimes if a drive is bad...really bad....it will freeze up my computer and I'll have to unplug it and restart my computer. Sounds like it might be bad (unless you know it's not).

I've tested toshiba drives in the past with seatools so i doubt it's #1 (but that is a possibility). WD makes a decent diagnostic utility as well that you could try out.

Got some in OS crashes, pretty sure its software issues but wanted to test the HDD anyway to be sure. Seatools wont have it test at all. very strange.

Hard drive has just fully backed up a couple of times with no errors or problems so i think the drive is fine.

WD testing software requires you to have the primary HDD to be a wester digital does it not ?

Will it work with a toshiba ?

The last time I installed it the Primary was a seagate on the system so I'm not really sure. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Back
Top Bottom