Random Chit Chat

Never hurts to take a well rounded multi-vitamin. You could ask the doc for recommendations or just go with one of the centrum multi-vitamin bottles.

Don't cut out all the bad food at once, but also remember that moderation is key. If you like cheetos, eat cheetos, but eat a serving size instead of half the bag. Or get the baked kind and still only eat a serving size. If you like McDonalds breakfast (and who doesn't) go there once a week, not once a day. Don't be afraid to eat some of the junk in moderation or you quickly hate all the "new" food you are eating and you'll end up slipping right back into your old habits. Try chewing gum to help with a sweet tooth or when you have a "snack attack". WATER, WATER, WATER. Get enough water. Not only is it good for you, it helps eliminate the afternoon crash, it helps you feel fuller and it will improve your overall health as well. Don't be afraid to find support. Look online for forums. You are certainly not the only one going through this right now or the 1st one either. I'm sure there are plenty of support forums you could find that will offer advice and support when you need it. It's more expensive to live and eat healthy as well, but it's worth the cost to stay alive. This has to be a lifestyle, not a fad or 'diet' that you only stay on for 6 months. You'll be shocked at how much better you feel after a few weeks.

Fresh fruits and frozen veggies are great. Try to have both for every meal (at least for lunch and dinner). Carrots are a great snack or to have with lunch because they fill you up too. I have to cook mine in the microwave to soften them up a bit, but still. As long as you don't drowned them in ranch anyway...:lol:

Sometimes you have to be creative too. I hate peas, so I'll mix them into whatever side dish or sometimes even the main dish I'm having. You have to sacrifice taste for health sometimes. The worst time for me is before bed. That's when I love to snack. Again water works great here and if I can't make it, I'll eat a small bowl of cereal.

So I've had an interesting day, Started doing practical tasks today for my certificate course, Had a box of parts and had to assembly them all (no case included) which was interesting, I will be disassembling a machine (case included) next week and I think I will have to install an OS..

Got it. I'm caught up on all my paperwork so I'll cruise around and see what I can find out.

Dietitian & Physiotherapists will ultimately access you and give you a helping guide to foods and exercise required for you condition....your doctor should be able to arrange an appointment with these people for you.

When buying food read the labels for Low GI content...this will be the best type of food for you.

Back
Top Bottom