Random Chit Chat

A guy brought me his laptop yesterday it was an old hp from 2005 and he said nothing happened when he turned it on just lights came on so when I looked at it and sure enough nothing happened but the lights coming on but after a while of playing around with it i noticed when I look at it on a weird angle really closely that it everything was working fine but the screens backlight wasn't working. Maybe this was the same issue

However due to the age of the laptop it wasn't worth spending money to fix so we just went to walmart and got him a new laptop for 400$ with an i3 processor 4gb ram 500gb hdd and windows 8

I am now receiving an endless stream of calls from the guy asking how to do things in windows 8 since he is used to doing things in windows xp

Last edited:
A guy brought me his laptop yesterday it was an old hp from 2005 and he said nothing happened when he turned it on just lights came on so when I looked at it and sure enough nothing happened but the lights coming on but after a while of playing around with it i noticed when I look at it on a weird angle really closely that it everything was working fine but the screens backlight wasn't working. Maybe this was the same issue

Probably that or a bad inverter. Generally if this is what is happening, the screen starts to go dark when you move it, then eventually quits working altogether. Either way, it's an easy fix.

Either way I have no idea how to install a new inverter i watched videos of someone doing it but they used soldering tools I do not have and the laptop was a slow pos and he wanted to replace it. Sort of too bad we couldn't find a windows 7 laptop though it would have been better for him I think. Either way he seems happy with the new computer

Went to the doctor yesterday. They took blood and asked a lot of questions. My family history is dotted with diabetics and heart problems. He said my glucose was high enough to be considered high borderline. And my blood pressure is high. He did comment the stress of my job and lack of exercise is probably where that's coming from.
For now he wants me to stop with the junk foods and get more active. No more beef and pork, turkey and chicken instead. More fruits and veggies. No bread except wheat bread. I love wheat bread so no problem there. And exercise a couple times a week.
When I could get outside and fly my models I would come back in feeling great. During the winter months here the wind is almost constant and too strong to get a small model in the air. So here I sit at my desk, body turning to crap, having to lay out a battle plan to see what I can do to get back in shape.
So that's where it stands.

Back
Top Bottom