Virus Protection ?

Free: MSE is the better one out there. I personaly have a very strong dislike for McAfee. I know I'll get hate response here but I do not recommend end users use Free based AV clients. They are free for a reason. It's called marketing. The paid versions are always better and offer more protection. It is true that tech savvy people can often times get away with a free based AV client. However none technical users need more protection. Spend the money and purchase an AV client.

Paid clients I like. G-data, Spyware Doctor with Antivirus are my top two. Very user friendly and more then adequte protection from just viruses. If you are looking for a spam filler as well I would go with Kaspersky IS or Bit Defender IS.

AVG is good. Malewarebytes is also good. I would not use Norton or McAfee because those are mass produced and people who write viruses usually test to see if they can get by those two. AVG is a good one, because there is an update for it every day. Personally I also do not like Avast or Kaspersky.

I also use AVG and it works very well for me. I also tried Norton but it needs to much space especially when scanning whole computer and affects the performance of the computer. You could find the recent free 2013 avg anti-virus on their site that you can download.

Avast works seems to work fine with Win8,if using a full version it will disable Win firewall and defender by default,but things can be changed

Back
Top Bottom