Facebook - A Very Dangerous Place

Who cares what government organisations do, tracks, watches or what ever....if you are doing legitimate actions on the internet you have nothing to fear.

Who cares what government organisations do, tracks, watches or what ever....if you are doing legitimate actions on the internet you have nothing to fear.

You're right, but here is the thing, it isn't about if you have anything to hide, it is about privacy. If you have no problem, people storing everything you say,then there is a problem. One has to respect other privacy. it is not the governments right to take your information. For me, I don't have anything to hide, go ahead, read it. I only post what I don't mind being read, but it is the moral behind what they are doing, and it is not right.

yes you can say facebook is a dangerous place because our privacy cant be hidden. every one can easily see our post . there is no restricted setting in new timeline .

ummm, yeah there is.

click on the little cog in the top right and select privacy settings.

then look at the who can see my stuff section.

you can leave the past as is and just restrict future posts, you're able to limit the audience of posts to Everyone./friends of friends (extended circle)/friends/just you or custom, where custom is hand picked, I want this person to see this post, or I want all my friends except this person and that person etc to see my posts.

on the time line you're able to select individual items, the title of each individual thing on a timeline says:

Name of person who posted, then under that there is the date they posted, and next to that is a little picture of either a single head, a couple of heads of a little cog. clicking that icon allows you to change the privacy settings of individual items.

Facebooks privacy settings used to be non existent, then they were kind of all or nothing.

but right now, they are actually pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom