Install another hard drive for programs????

pdqkemp

Beta member
I am operating on Windows Vista.

I've used additional hard drives as a means of having additional space for documents, movies, etc. What I want to be able to do is to add an additional hard drive so I can install more PROGRAMS.

Is this possible, and if so, what steps should I take?

Here are a few more details:

I have a 125 GB hard drive. I don't have many documents or other data files such as music. Most of the hard drive space has been used up for programs. I want to be able to add an additional hard drive so I have more space to run programs.

What's the best way to do this? I already have a new 500GB internal hard drive. I tried installing a program to an external hard drive, but it doesn't work. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

If all else fails, would it be best to just replace the old hard drive with the new, larger one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well you can buy a desktop external hard drive and use that but don't take it out other the program's may not work.

Thank you all for your help.

Everything seems to be working fine. I added the other hard drive and kept the old one in place. I was able to install programs on the new hard drive once it was formatted.

Easier than I thought it would be. :)

Back
Top Bottom