windows 8 wireless limited to no connectivity

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just upgraded my laptop to windows 8 its a 5 year old hp dv 6700 and now every once in a while my wireless will act up and say limited to no connectivity when all other wifi devices I have still work. Once I restart again it starts working again for a while. I am dualbooting with win 7 and wifi works fine with no issues there. I tried looking for an updated driver but it says I am already running the best driver for the device.

I did an uninstall of the driver but it is running what ever driver windows installed for it during installation I looked up the laptop hp pavillion dv6838ca which is what it says on the bottom of the computer but it came up with every driver I can imagine for it but they are all vista drivers. should I just try the vista drivers or will this mess things up more?

ok I scanned with slim drivers it came up with a bunch of drivers for things like the ethernet card and a bunch of system devices that I had no idea what they were. however not a driver for the wireless. So I ended up finding on hps website a download for the wireless driver for 64 bit vista so I downloaded that and so far no random disconnects. I also found the driver for the capacitive media buttons so I can now adjust my volume which is a little bit of a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom