Help with new PC crashing

Saulat_99

Solid State Member
Hi,
I just built a new PC/upgraded. I just bought a new case, motherboard, PSU, and RAM. I finally got it put together and switched in my old video card, hard drives, and dvd-rw drive. I started the PC and entered the BIOS fine however once windows begins loading a blue screen flashes and the system immediately crashes. Is there anything I can do? I was going to backup all my data but decided to wait. I am setting my girl up with ny old PC and will eventually upgrade from windows xp and add a new graphics card and hard drives. Anyone have an idea of how get my system running without sticking the hard drives in the old system, backing stuff up, and reformatting?

Upgrade
Core 2 duo e6600 to i5-3750k
Mobo Gigabyte G41M-ES2L to Msi. Z77A-G45
Ram 4GB DDR2 to 16GB DDR3
DvdRW 1 of 2 in new PC Lite-on iHAS 324
Case Msi Blitzcase
Graphics card Nvidia 8800 GT oc
Psu corsair 600w to Seasonic 650w
HDD 2 Western Digital 1 TB hard drives

Last edited:
Working on it now. Put an old hard drive in the new system to put windows on in the hopes of being able to back up my data without using my old system. Seems to be working, although I had to change hard drive compatibility in BIOS from AHCI to IDE. I kept getting a blue screen when the xp disc got to the loading windows msg right before you can partition the hdd. In fact I wonder if I can boot windows now.... oh well its being installed now.

It was the BIOS setting. I just happened to google the windows disc crashing on trying to load and found the answer. Now clue what that hdd compatibility option does but it solved my issue.

Back
Top Bottom