Failing GPU ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Earlier today i posted about constant BSOD I was getting reported to be from a particular .exe file in the windows 32 directory.

Well to save mending it I took the easier option and reinstalled the OS (win 7)

I no longer seem to be getting these BSOD any more but every so often (when opening a game) i get a screen similar to this.

green-pink-lines-large-.jpg

The screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then it recovers and i get a message about the display driver stopped working and was recovered.

I have installed the latest drivers from the ATI website on a clean install of windows 7 so i dont know what can be wrong apart from the card itself.

And the temps are about 50 degrees under load which is good so i doubt its a hear issue.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
sam

Yeah, ~50°C is no problem at all. I am also leaning towards bad card.

Just to completely eliminate issues software-wise, I take it you have the latest OS and BIOS updates?

Latest os but not bios.

It had been working fine for past 2 years so I don't see why the bios would suddenly throw a wabbly on me.

Few years back my system did something very similar when I loaded the gpu up and would be forced to shut her down. Would fire right back up and operate perfectly while browsing, but the second I loaded it up, Bam!

Replaced the card and have not had a problem since.

However, Before condemning the card, Check your other components.

Managed to stop the bsod now but the other has been put down to a failing gpu. Get the most out of what's left of it then upgrade. Not a huge disruption but will be if it gets worse.

Back
Top Bottom