I need help, (new video card)

Make sure you have installed the most up to date drivers for the card from the manufacturer.

It is possible that you might have gotten a bad card.

Borrowing an external HDD from work, going to do a completely clean install of Windows 7 as well as try to test the card in another machine, if I can find one. I tried finding drivers through MSI (the manufacturer), but I can't seem to find drivers, just afterburner and some updatelive5 crap for mainboards, so I downloaded from the nVidia website instead.

the manufacturer is nVidia hon and drivers > nVidia

Tried that too, I have tried drivers from at least 4 different websites, I've tried the most recent drivers, and older versions, nothing has worked yet. I even used the disc that came with the card, and that doesn't work either. The drivers install with no problem, they say everything is successful, then I reboot and I get the Code 43 under Device Manager, and everything is super laggy.

Everything is laggy because your graphics card is not working properly.

I have to say, this is beginning to look like hardware issue (a bad card, or something to that effect...).

But we'll see how it goes if you can find a different machine to try the card out.

Yes, I'm going to do the reinstall tonight after work. I'll post on here the results. I'm trying to find someone who will let me test the card. I may need to upgrade my motherboard to go with it.

Current update, the card is fine, I tested it in my neighbor's computer. I tried it on a FRESH install of Windows 7 on a completely different HDD, still didn't work. My conclusion: I need to upgrade my motherboard/cpu/ram. I am off to the TigerDirect store on Saturday.

What about the power? Do you have enough power?

(Do you have more or less power than your neighbour's computer?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom