I need help, (new video card)

jfirusta

Baseband Member
OK so I decided to go with a new graphics card, an nVidia GT 610 to be precise. I'm switching over from a Radeon HD 2600 Pro. My Motherboard is an ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA. I used Driver Sweeper to clean off ALL of the ATI stuff.

My problem, everything nVidia installed fine, but now I get a "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" message with the nVidia card. What is wrong? How do I fix this? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Please open Device Manager and see if you notice any error by your graphics card.

Yes, there's a yellow ! sign, and when I enter Properties it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" that's the only thing I see.

Yes I am, I just got the card today, uninstalled everything for my old card, installed new software for the new card, and the error happened.

I am now running the most recent drivers I could find, (straight from the nvidia website), and having the same Code 43 error.

I checked your mobo for slot info. It has PCIe slot. GT 610 is a PCIe 2.0 card though, whilst this is usually compatible with PCIe 1.x motherboard, I am not sure if it is the cause of the problem.

Make sure your BIOS and OS are also updated.

Have you powered off and switched the computer on again after updating driver?

Can you verify that you have enough power for the card?

Is this card good (can you test it on another machine?) hardware-wise?

Back
Top Bottom