Backup Files?

HP 2000-299WM Notebook PC

I get a popup that says I need to backup my pc files. How do I do this, on a regular cd? :confused:

Hi BlueOvalFitter

Yes you could do or to something like an external HDD, I backup all of C:\ >

000045_zps4d3b69fd.png

Backup is basically just making multiple copies of the same files, so that if one copy is damaged, you still have another copy (perhaps a bit antedated) to fall back to. Don't be intimidated by the term! :)

So anything that allows you to make another copy of the same files, i.e., the files that are important to you, will do.

It is good to keep these copies at another place physically. For example, if the files are on your hard drive, make copies some place else other than your hard drive.

You know an external usb hard drive sounds like it would be a better route to go. Making backup cd's is iffy at best. You could burn one delete the file off the HD and find the cd is corrupted. With an external HD you could make the original backup then do incremental backups. That's where the backup system compares what is in the backup file on the external drive to the files you want to backup. If there are no changes it doesn't copy them again. But what is new or more current than the backup gets updated. Takes a heck of a lot less drive space and it's more reliable than making coasters.

To make your important data safe & protected you may use backup option. For this purpose you may use any kind of physical media as per your needs.

Now-a-days cloud storage are in trend & of-course it is reliable too. You may backup any kind of file in cloud storage & can get all of them back whenever or wherever you want. But I suggest you to keep important files in storage because cloud service provider charge you to make your data safe & secure.

Back
Top Bottom